Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Ready In:
2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats (quick-cooking or rolled depending on your preference)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup creamy natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup non-dairy milk (e.g. vanilla soy milk)
- 4 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dry roasted salted peanuts or 1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet choc chips and 1/2 cup vegan pb chips
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in oats and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil, pb, sugar, brown sugar, non-dairy milk, flax seeds and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in half the flour mixture to moisten, then fold in the remaining half.
- Fold in chopped peanuts or chocolate chips and pb chips.
- Drop generous 1 tbs full of dough per cookie onto a greased or paper-lined baking sheet leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie. Flatten slightly with moistened fingers.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes in the preheated oven at 350°F/175°C until the edges just start to brown.
- Let cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy! :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!