- Ready In:
- 10 ounces vanilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk or 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 (F).
- Line 13x9x2 inch rectangular pan with foil, or grease and flour.
- Heat vanilla chips and margarine over low heat, stirring frequently, just until melted.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread batter in pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
Prepare Vanilla Glaze:
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Spread on cooled brownies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is an awesome recipe! Before my boyfriend and I started dating he invited me to a party celebrating him getting his greencard- I told him that I'd make green brownies! I found this recipe and thought it was perfect. I followed the recipe to a T: omitting nuts due to allergies of guest and adding green food coloring. The store was out of Vanilla chips so I replaced those with Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chips! SO GOOD!!!!! I've made this recipe so many times since! Thank you so much!
OMG! These brownies were the biggest hit with my family as soon as they came out of the oven! They were a breeze to make! I did omit the nuts, though. I replaced them with 1/2 cup of vanilla chips, which allowed me to use up what was left out of my 12 ounce bag! KUDOS! I have found my Christmas recipe for 2006!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! My name is Elaine. I am still currently in school, but one of my favorite hobbies, along with dancing, is to cook. Ever since I was really young, my mom and I would make everything together, especially cookies, cakes, and all other sweets. My dad always cooked dinners, and has passed down many good tips and wonderful recipes. I work whenever I can as a hostess at a nearby restaurant.