Vanilla and Almond Frosting
- Ready In:
7 1/2 cups
- 3 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 10 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar (2 1/2 to 2 3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 drops yellow food coloring
- For base frosting:.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, then cream and vanilla.
- If making both frostings: Divide between 2 bowls.
- For vanilla frosting:.
- Mix 1 teaspoon vanilla into 1 bowl of base frosting.
- For almond frosting:.
- Mix almond extract into second bowl of base frosting. Mix in yellow food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until desired shade is reached.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.