Valentines Day Tomato Basil Soup
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Puree tomatoes, juice, and basil and return to stock pot (immersion blender works great here)
- Put the pot over medium heat and stir in the cream and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesean cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So easy, So rich, So yummy! I made half the amount using only home canned summer grown crushed tomatoes. No juice or winter bought ones. I did saute 3 cloves of minced garlic then added the tomatoes. I felt very guilty adding 1/4 cup butter so I did cut that in half and didn't miss the other half. A nice cracking of fresh cracked black pepper.<br/>Thanks for the yummy goodness.