Ultimate Chewy Taco Shells
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 reser's soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for frying)
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat in a 12 inch skillet.
- Once the oil is rippling, drop in the tortilla and flip immediately to ensure even coating of the oil on both sides.
- After about 30 seconds, bubbles will begin to form on the top. ( I usually break these with my tongs).
- Check the underside for desired crispiness, flip.
- Once the other side begins to brown/crisp, fold the tortilla into a taco shape, and contiue to cook for about 30 seconds longer.
- Drain on paper towels.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!