Ultimate Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
With both milk chocolate chips and chopped dark chocolate, these soft chocolate chip cookies are simply the best.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- one 3-ounce bar dark chocolate, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. With the motor running, add the eggs, one at a time and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix slowly until a smooth dough forms. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in both chocolates with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. Scoop the cookie dough into twenty 1/4-cup balls. Working in 2 batches, bake the cookies, placing 5 cookies on each tray 2 inches apart from each other, until golden brown, about 16 minutes. Let cool slightly, then serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION