Ukrainian Lokshyna and Ham (Noodle and Ham Casserole)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Any leftover meat or mushrooms may be used in this dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup ground ham
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese (or more)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup buttered bread crumb
- Cook the noodles as directed in the recipe for Ukrainian LOKSHYNA (egg noodles).
- Mix the drained noodles with the melted butter.
- Mix in the ham and cheese.
- Combine the egg, cream, and salt, and add to the mixture.
- If the ham is very salty, reduce the salt or omit it.
- Spoon into a buttered baking dish and top with the buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F) for about 45 minutes, or until done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 7 more