Tyler Florence's Shrimp Scampi With Linguine
Just takes a few minutes to create this awesome & tasty dish!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined with tails left on
- fresh black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Bring large pot of water to boil, stir in linguine and salt until pasta seperates; cover and return to boil. Cook 6-8 minutes until pasta is not quite done. Drain, reserving 1 cup water.
- In large skillet melt 2 Tbs butter in 2 Tbs evoo over med-high heat. Add shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring unil shallots are translucent, 3-4 minute Season shrimp w/salt & pepper, add to skillet & cook until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp & keep warm.
- Add wine & lemon juice to skillet and bring to boil. Add remaining butter and evoo. When butter has melted return shrimp to skillet along with pasta, parsley and reserved cooking water.
- Season well, drizzle with a bit more olove oil and a sprig of parsley: serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION