Twisted Strawberry Shortcake
- Ready In:
- 2 (85 g) packages Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping
- 1 (284 g) package store-bought angel food cake, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice or 1/3 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 squares baker's white chocolate, grated
- Prepare pudding mixes with milk as directed on package. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Place cake cubes in large bowl. Drizzle orange juice over cake, then toss to coat. Place half of the cake cubes in deep glass serving bowl; cover with layers of half each of the pudding mixture, strawberries and chocolate. Top with layers or remaining cake cubes, pudding mixture, strawberries and chocolate.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Baker's semi-sweet chocolate also works well in this recipe. To easily grate chocolate, microwave unwrapped squares on medium 15 seconds before grating.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.