Tuscan Roast Chicken With Tomatoes, Zucchini and Olives
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- cooking spray
- 4 large lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped, plus
- 20 whole garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) bag frozen roasted potatoes
- 1 (20 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained (cut in half)
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 20 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray. Line pan with lemon slices.
- In a smal bowl, stir together lemon juice, chopped garlic, lemon pepper seasoning, and 4 tablespoons olive oil. Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Place the chicken pieces on lemon slices and lightly brush chicken with some garlic-lemon mixture (reserve remaining garlic-lemon mixture). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss potatoes with tomatoes, zucchini, olives, rosemary and remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil until well coated. Arrange vegetables and whole garlic cloves around chicken, reserving liquid from the vegetables in case the pan dries out during baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Brush with reserved garlic-lemon mixture and bake until chicken is cooked through, another 20-25 minutes; add vegetable juices if necessary.
- Serve chicken with vegetables drizzled with pan juices and cheese.
Join The Conversation
This is really a top notch recipe that was well enjoyed by all in the family. Even my super finicky son made no complaints, and that's a miracle! I had never used frozen roasted potatoes before, and I'm very pleasantly surprised how well they came out. I bought herb roasted frozen potatoes and with the addition of the seasonings that the recipe calls for resulted in super flavor, not to mention a nice looking dish with all the different colors. The chicken came out juicy and the the combination of the veggies and the thinly sliced lemons at the bottom of the dish added so much flavor. Thank you so much Nancy for making our Sunday dinner a memorable one.