Turkish Pasta With Yoghurt Mint Sauce
photo by lil_miss_SBC
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup hopped onion
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken (or Lamb or Beef Sausage)
- 1 -2 jalapeno, deseeded and finely chopped (or Pickled Peperoncinis)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt & pepper
Yoghurt Mint Sauce
- 3 cups plain yoghurt
- 3 -4 minced large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint leaves
Butter Paprika Topping
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 lb pasta (Bowties work well to hold the meat and sauce)
- 1.Cook onions in olive oil til soft, add meat, jalapenos, thyme, parsley til meat is browned. Stir in a few tablespoons of water and season with salt and pepper and simmer 10 mins (add more water in necessary).
- 2.To make the yoghurt sauce put all ingredients in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon til creamy, set aside on a warm spot on the stove.
- 3.Cook and drain pasta, toss with the meat sauce in a serving bowl. Pour the yoghurt sauce over top.
- 4.For the topping, heat butter til frothy and add paprika and cayenne. cook for a few seconds and drizzle over the youghurt sauce.
- 5.Top with fresh mint leaves in desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to try new recipes for my hubby and son.