Turkish Meatballs – KÖFTE
photo by Venturists
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons mixed spice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with your hands. Do not over mix which will change the texture of the meat.
- Form the mixture into a flattened oval shape.
- The balls can either be grilled or fried in a pan. Cook until done all of the way through.
- You can find the recipe for the Turkish Meatball Spice Blend here: https://www.venturists.net/turkish-meatballs-kofte/.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a full-time traveler and food and travel writer for www.venturists.net - Adventures in Food and Travel.