Turkey Scallopini With Lemon Caper Sauce
- Ready In:
4 scallopini with sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast, raw, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons parsley (Italian parsley)
- Rinse turkey and pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge half of turkey slices in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1 T oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until shimmering, then sautÃƒÂ© cutlets until browned on both sides and just cooked through, (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm, covered.
- Dredge and sautÃƒÂ© remaining turkey with the remaining oil in same manner.
- Add another 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and cook garlic over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Don't overcook, or it will become bitter.
- Add broth and wine, and deglaze over moderately high heat.
- Saute until liquid is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Stir in lemon juice, capers, parsley (or basil), and salt and pepper to taste.
- Return turkey to skillet with any juices on platter and simmer until heated through, about 1 minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in San Diego and travel frequently to China as a tour leader and travel consultant. Although I have been known to chow down on coconut grubs and ant eggs on my trips to China, when I'm cooking at home, my tastes run to European: Mediterranean, Provencal, Tuscan. I also like just about anything that Bobby Flay cooks up, and I love how he puts together a plate with American regional cuisines. I enjoy the art of travel, savoring local food as a part of my experience. In America, the places that make a great destination for me again and again are New Orleans, Santa Fe, Seattle, Key West, San Antonio and New York. Abroad, I do love Provence, France; the Amalfi Coast; Santorini, Greece; Moorea, Tahiti; Hong Kong and then there's my bucket list... My S/O lives in Las Vegas, so I spend quite a bit of time there but at home I unwind with my two Weimaraners and young Vizsla, do some gardening, reading, cooking, dog training and planning my (or someone else's) next trip. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">