Turkey Necks With Rice
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 10 -15 turkey neck
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups stock
- In a large pot cover turkey necks with water. Add salt and pepper to taste,. Add onion and simmer about an hour and a half.
- Remove turkey and reserve 4 cups of the stock. If you do not have enough stock, add water or chicken stock.
- Put rice in a large casserole dish cover with the stock and add the green pepper; give a stir and then lay turkey necks on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is one of my mom's signature dishes!!! She does use Lipton's dry Onion Soup mix for the stock, however. Mom cooks them in a skillet; I prefer a slow cooker. They go great with cabbage or greens. If you think you have excellent table manners, you won't after this meal - you'll be sucking the meat out of the neckbone just like the rest of us.
I also eat this in my family. My grandma makes this all the time, and since i have moved out i have been making it to usually for Sunday supper. I do all the things that your mother does i thought i was the only one that adds Lipton soup and peppers. I also eat this with rice and cabbage. Sometimes i will cook mac and cheese and dressing made with the stock. Very good comfort food.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WHAT UP PEEPS!! I LIVE IN COLUMBUS, OHIO. I'M HAPPY THAT I CAN SHARE SOME OF MY RECIPES AND LOOKING FORWARD TO TRYING SOME OF YOURS. OH DID I MENTION I WAS A STEELERS FAN??