Tuna, Tomato & Bacon Pasta
- Ready In:
- 250 g penne pasta, cooked via packet directions (I use San Remo Wholewheat)
- 1 diced onion
- 2 large crushed garlic cloves
- 1 small zucchini, peeled & grated
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 250 g diced bacon, fat removed
- 1 cup stock (I use veggie)
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (425 g) can tuna in brine, drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Cook pasta to packet directions.
- Sauté onion, garlic, celery, and zucchini.
- Grill bacon and dice.
- Add to onion mixture.
- Add tin of tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Add tuna.
- Add enough stock to make consistency to your liking.
- Add herbs (and another clove of fresh garlic if you like it like that!).
- Mix in pasta or pour over prepared pasta.
- Serve with fresh breadstick and or nice side salad!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home mum of two children - a son (10) and a daughter (5) and a gorgeous staffy. I resigned from my job as an office co-ordinator after the birth of my second child. I am also a retired highland dancer. My DH is the primary cook of our household, he is quite a gifted, amazing cook. We love to cook together and as a family. My passions are my family (obviously), dancing, reading and music.