Truffle Mashed Potato
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes (peeled and chopped 1-inch cubes)
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- salt and pepper
- Cover potato with cold salt water and bring to a boil. Boil about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and put through potato ricer.
- Heat butter and whipping cream until hot but not boiling. ( Microwave works great).
- Add to butter & cream, and truffle oil to potato and fold gently until incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Do not over work the potato as that makes it gooey and gluey because of the messed up starch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!