Tropical BBQ Chicken
photo by Harmoni
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
6 chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (I used spicy brown)
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, sauce (I used hunt's hickory brown sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (to taste can be more or less)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken (pieces, breasts, bone in our bone out, with skin or without)
- Saute onion in butter for 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add flour and mix until a paste is formed.
- Slowly stir in pineapple juice waiting for all juice to be absorbed before adding more.
- Add soy sauce, mustard and bbq sauce and stir until dissolved.
- Add brown sugar and chili and stir until dissolved.
- Pour in chicken broth, stir and then add chicken. Cook on stove until slightly thickened.
- Preheat over to 325 and cook with lid on for 1- 3 hours depending on how long you want the chicken to soak for.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!