Traditional Antipasti Platter
Or not so traditional. A continuing work in progress. New items to be added please make any suggestions. Please disregard measurements - - needed some kind of measurements to post list. Pick your favorites and enjoy.
- Ready In:
COLD CUTS or MEATS
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 1⁄4 lb salami
- 1⁄4 lb capicola
- 1⁄4 lb soppressata
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni
- 1⁄4 lb mortadella, with pistachio nut
- 6 ounces canned anchovy fillets
- 6 ounces salmon
- 8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 8 ounces pickled cherry peppers
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers (better yet,, roast your own)
- 5 stalks celery hearts (cut into sticks) or 5 stalks fennel bulbs, hearts (cut into sticks)
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 8 ounces pepperoncini peppers
- 8 ounces marinated mushrooms
- 8 ounces stuffed cherry peppers, stuffed with procuitto and provolone cheese
- 8 ounces caponata, eggplant spread
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes, sliced (or whole grape tomatoes)
- 8 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 8 ounces asiago cheese
- 8 ounces provolone cheese
- 8 ounces Fontina cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package breadsticks
- Italian bread
- 16 ounces gourmet olives
- 8 deviled eggs
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 8 ounces grilled vegetables
- 1 head romaine lettuce (leaves to line platter)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- Use your favorites.
- Sliced meats may be rolled up into tubes.
- Platter can be prepared a couple of hours in advance, covered and chilled.
- Bring back to room temperature 10 - 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Vinegars on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION