- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers, drained
- 1 1⁄2 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans with jalapeno peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- bottled taco sauce (optional)
- In large skillet cook meat until brown. Drain off fat. Stir in 3/4 cup water, chile peppers, taco seasoning mix, and chile powder.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes (until most of the liquid is gone).
- Meanwhile, grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with the cornmeal. Pat pizza dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle on the baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash beans with a fork; spread over partially baked dough to within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Spoon meat mixture over beans. Bake uncovered, 10 minutes more, or until crust is just golden.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes more (until cheese melts).
- Top with lettuce, tomato, and onion. If desired, serve with taco sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an 8th grade English teacher in Las Vegas. I'm happily married, and have developed a LOVE for cooking now that I have someone to cook for! Besides my new-found love of cooking, I also love to read and quilt. Our favorite thing to do on weekends or days off is head to the mountains for some camping and fishing.