Tortellini Antipasto Kebabs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I made these for my annual Academy Awards party last year! They were a hit! A bit tedious and time consuming, but you make them the day before you serve. Not exactly sure on the actual servings, but 48 kebabs sounds about right.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 package sliced pepperoni
- 1 jar black olives
- 1 jar pitted green olives
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese (of your choice, I use the white pepperjack for a bit of heat)
- 1 bottle Italian dressing
- 1 box toothpick (the kind with the handles)
- Prepare frozen tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and cool.
- Get out a plastic bowl to store the kebabs.
- Cut your block of cheese into small cubes.
- On each toothpick, place 1 tortellini, 1 black olive, 1 block of cheese, 1 slice of pepperoni (may cut in half or fold if too large), and 1 green olive.
- You can vary the order in which you place the ingredients.
- Place all of the toothpicks in the container and pour the Italian dressing over all.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- When ready to serve, take them out of the container and lay them on a pretty lettuce lined platter.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Thanks for the idea! I used packaged refrigerated tortellini that came in 3 colors, marinated greek olives (purple & green), regular pepperoni that I folded in half, and cubed cheddar cheese then poured the marinade from the olives over to sit in overnight. Very colorful and, although a bit time consuming, a very nice appetizer. Will make again!Reply
When I read this recipe, I loved the idea of it. The flavor is great and the combination of ingredients is really good. I did have difficulty with the tortellini coming off the toothpicks. It wasn't overcooked however I didn't have the toothpicks with the handles; just long ones. Maybe that was part of the problem. I served them for a party and they were a hit. I'll do them again. Thanks for the great idea!5Reply
These were just the right thing for my get together. I'm always looking for something different and this was it! Since I had lots to choose from I had some left over. I took everything off the kebob and threw it in a dish to have as a side dish two days later. I wasn't happy with the cheese by then so would recommend they all be eaten or separate the cheese from the rest of the bunch because it get "soggy".5Reply
see 1 more