Tortellini and Asparagus in Garlic Cream Sauce
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 lb crisped crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup julienned ham
For the Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 white onion, minced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil and melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the flour to make a rue, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half, chicken broth, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces and steam.
- Combine cream sauce, ham, bacon, asparagus, and tortellini. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very much enjoyed this rich pasta dish, really nice for a dinner at home, definitely good enough to serve to guests! Easily prepared with a minimum of fuss, I used cream instead of half and half, but otherwise, as recipe. The flavours combine well, the asparagus gives a nice freshness, really, you can't improve on this recipe. Thank you, AHoff, lovely recipe, made for Bargain Basement tag game.