Torta De Santiago
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
2 cake layers
- Cream the sugar, lemon rind, and egg yolks until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Stir in the almonds and cinnamon.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff, but not dry.
- Stir a few tablespoons of the egg white into the almond mixture, then fold in the rest of the egg whites.
- Pour into 2 greased 8 in layer pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the cakes are well browned.
- Cool briefly, then remove the cakes from the pans.
- coat with powdered sugar and nuts (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!