Tony's Quick & Easy Cheesy Hashbrown Black Bean Bake
photo by tonyro50
- Ready In:
1st List of Ingredients
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
2nd List of Ingredients
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
3rd List of Ingredients
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
4th and Final List of Ingredients
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine 1st list of ingredients into a food processor and blend well until mixture is smooth. Transfer bean mixture to a 9x9 baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Combine 2nd list of ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well. Transfer potato mixture into the baking dish and layer evenly on top of the bean mixture.
- Lightly dust top of the bake with Paprika using the 3rd list of ingredients.
- Place baking dish in oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Use the 4th and final list of ingredients for garnish. Drizzle top of bake with parallel lines of sour cream separated by about 1/2 an inch. Then mix the Red Pepper and Green Onions together and sprinkle evenly over top of the sour cream.
- Serve warm with your favorite brand of tortilla chips and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!