Toni's Stuffed Peppers
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
8 half peppers
- 4 bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small loaf of day-old Italian bread, cubed, crust removed
- 1 lb ground sweet Italian sausage, sauteed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- chopped basil and parsley (approx. 1/2 cup each)
- if mixture is too dry add some milk
- Fill pepper halves generously with filling.
- Place in saucepan and top with your favorite tomato sauce.
- Cover and simmer gently approximately 45 to 60 mins., or until peppers are tender.
- Great served with a side of spaghetti.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!