Tomato Potato Soup
- Ready In:
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 onions, medium chopped
- 2 potatoes, medium, pared and cubed
- 2 tomatoes, medium, peele and chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄8 cup chives, for garnish
- In large 2-3 quart pot, bring broth to boiling. Add onions, potatoes and tomatoes. Reduce heat. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Puree the vegetables in blender, processing smll amounts ata time, or puree in food processor. Whilevegetables are processing, add theflour. Process until flour isblended in smoothly.
- Return soup to pot. Bring to boiling, cook, stirring utnil thickened.
- Add salt, oregano and pepper. Stir in the cream. Reheat slowly. Do not boil. erve, garnished with chives.
- Good served as a first course for a meal of roast beef and salad, or serve as a main course for lunch or supper along with crusty wheat or ry bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Enjoyed this for lunch today. It's a tasty soup and easy to prepare (and a chance to use my favourite kitchen gadget--my immersion blender). I didn't bother to peel the tomatoes and that does not seem to have mattered any. I wonder if the flour was necessary. I think it gave the soup a flour-y taste... and I don't think it really needed to be much thicker. I agree this would be a great starter for a dinner of roast beef. Thank you for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My ancestors are Spaniard/English, my immediate roots are from Mexico, born there, but raised in Southern California, what a mixture of cultures. Now just imagines all the recepies twirling around my head that I'm willing to share with this wonderful community. Anything hot and spicy full of flavor would be my ideal dish. Love to enjoy a great flavorful meal, it dosen't matter if it's just appetizers or a full course meal, flavor needs to be present. A good drink by its side and a quick "siesta" would close the deal. One of my favorite passtimes is trying to create and have family and friends experiece with me new recepies. It's awsome when they tell you "Where did you get this recepie?" or "Can we have seconds?" I live in Southern California, have been here for more then 37 years, different ethnic groups compliment our communities, by the way, I see that as an advantage, we get to experience different cuisines from all over the world and is only normal to us. I love Sandra Lee's Semi-home made cook meals. I believe she has made life so much easier to all of us working moms. No need to start from scratch if there's shortcuts available on a busy night. One of my passions of course is cooking but also I enjoy walking the pier at our local beach, all the way to the end. Nothing to see exept the ocean and waves dancing along to their own rhytm. The best form of relaxation for me. I have 3 kids, two beautiful daughters and a handsome son oh, and let's not forget "Keyno" our pet water turtle, he thinks our home is his domain, lol. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">