Tomato Oyster Bisque, Tureen-Style
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint oyster, with their liquor
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 3⁄4 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- Beat egg yolk until light, reserve; whip egg white to stiff peaks and place into tureen.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and blend.
- Add milk radually, stirring constantly.
- Stir until very smooth; add salt and pepper.
- Cook oysters with celery salt in remaining tablespoon butter and the oyster liquor.
- When the edges of the oysters curl, add the hot oyster liquor to the beaten egg yolk, stirring constantly.
- Add the oyster mixture and oysters to the sauce in saucepan.
- After the oysters are added, the mixture should not be permitted to boil.
- Stir in the tomato soup, which has been heated.
- Pour soup over the whipped egg white, mixing carefully.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation