Tomato-Cabbage Soup with Lima Beans
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I love lima beans and this is a good healthy soup recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes or (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup lima beans, fresh or frozen
- salt and pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add in the cabbage and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Add in the tomatoes, broth, cumin, and allspice; stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in the lima beans and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION