This wonderful spread has the mellow flavor of tahini, along with a spark of onions and garlic.
- Ready In:
- 1 one pound medium to firm tofu, drained slightly
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 chopped green onion
- 1⁄16 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place tofu in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill several hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- Serve in a pita bread or on toast or crackers.
- Note: preparation time does not include chilling time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a healthy, tasty lunch accompaniment. However, there were a couple problems. I followed the recipe exactly, squished up the tofu very finely, and it still seemed far too crumbly for a spread. Even after I added three or four times the soy sauce! Without the extra soy it was too mild for my taste, though I like tofu. I also added some fresh minced garlic with the powdered. As long as you are willing to play with it, this recipe's okay! Reviewed for ZWT6, S-team.Reply