photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 48hrs 50mins
1 pizza's worth
- 100 g extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, slightly crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked salt
- Slice tofu crosswise into thin squares or rectangles and place into a shallow dish.
- Combine water, soy sauce, liquid smoke, pepper, mustard seed, fennel seed, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, paprika and salt.
- Pour over the tofu, stir to coat well and refrigerate, covered, 24 hours (or up to 5 days), stirring partway through.
- Preheat oven to 310F and place a lightly greased rack on a cookie sheet.
- Remove tofu from marinade, place on the rack and mist with cooking spray.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until crispy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"