Thick and Sticky Barbecue Sauce
- Ready In:
3 1/2 cups
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over low heat. As soon as the molasses dissolves, the sauce is ready to use. Store in a covered glass jar or plastic container in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"