- Ready In:
- 30 g bread
- 30 g parmesan cheese
- 400 g ground beef, leaner is better
- 1 egg
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 20 g parsley
- salt and pepper
- Grate the parmesan by dropping chunks onto blades running at Speed 8. Tip out.
- Crumb the bread by pulsing the Turbo button. Tip out.
- Chop the red pepper, onion and parsley 5 seconds/Speed 5.
- Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper. Mix 10 seconds/Speed 6.
- Add the meat and mix 15 seconds/Speed 5. Use the spatula through the hole in TM lid to help mix if necessary.
- Form meatballs and place them in oiled Varoma.
- Pour 1 liter of water into TM bowl. Set Varoma on TM lid. Cook 30 minutes/Varoma/Speed 3.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although I am a US citizen, I have spent most of my adult life living outside of the States. I've raised my family all over the world - and I have to say that my four kids are pretty terrific! I am always looking for recipes that only call for basic ingredients. Because I don't live in the US, I often can't find packages or this, or jars and cans of that, even certain spices can be tricky. My favorite cookbooks are the New Joy of Cooking, and anything by Nigela Lawson. My passions are cooking and eating - big surprise there. I have no pet peeves, I don't keep any peeves around long enough to make them into pets. I especially love baking, but I'm trying to get away from that - the carbs are starting to stick to my hips a little too easily. I took a Sushi making course recently. It was a lot of fun; I now know that I need to GO OUT for Sushi, not make it myself.