The Spanish Ranch Panini ! #RSC
photo by suzannejclark
- Ready In:
- 8 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 2 ounces Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 slices bakery fresh sourdough bread
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 1⁄2 cup canned artichoke heart, diced
- 4 teaspoons pimientos
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Combine 6 tablespoons of the softened butter, and 2 tablespoons of the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix in a small bowl. Set ranch butter aside.
- Sprinkle 4 teaspoons of the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix over chicken to season. Over medium high heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, along with seasoned chicken breast to skillet. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes each side to brown. Add water and cover pan with lid to complete cooking. Remove chicken when juices run clear, and chicken is no longer pink. Let rest for about four minutes, then slice each breast horizontally to create 4 thin pieces, or cut chicken into thin vertical strips. Place chicken back into pan and toss in any extra pan drippings, keep warm until needed.
- To create the Spanish Cheese Spread, combine cream cheese, olives, artichokes, pimentos, lemon zest, Parmesan cheese and remaining Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix in a bowl. Stir well to combine.
- If using a Panini maker (the preferred way), adjust to manufactures recommended setting to preheat grill.
- Using the reserved ranch butter, spread butter on top of each slice of bread.
- To create Paninis, place one slice of bread, buttered side down on grill, followed by ¼ of the chicken. Pile ½ cup of baby spinach leaves on top of chicken. On the second slice of bread, spread ¼ of the Spanish Cheese Spread on the bottom or “unbuttered” side. Place bread on top of spinach, buttered side up. Close Panini maker and grill for about 8 minutes, or until golden brown. If you are able, grill 2 Panini’s at a time. Keep Paninis in a warm in a 200 degree oven until all sandwiches are complete. Note: If you do not have a Panini maker, no worries, just toast sandwiches in a skillet over medium low heat, for about 4-5 minutes each side, or until bread is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!