The Realtor's Superb Alfredo Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk (I use 1%)
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup regular butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (use 1/4 tsp if you make a half recipe)
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated romano cheese (you can use parmesan but up it to 2 cups because it's not as strong tasting)
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT the cheese to a heavy bottom sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until it’s smooth, very hot and steaming but DON’T boil it. Whisk (or stir) the sauce pretty much the whole time. It'll take about 8-10 minutes. Don't rush it or turn the heat up too high because you don't want to curdle the cream.
- When everything is nice and smooth and hot, add the cheese and whisk until the sauce is smooth and hot again but don't let it boil, about 5 more minutes. At this point, the sauce should be thick, delicious and ready to use.
- It will keep in the frig for about a week but the taste and texture is best when it's made fresh. So if you don't need a big batch, cut this recipe in half.
Join The Conversation
Superb is right! Much, much better than the jarred alfredo sauce. I used Weight Watchers cream cheese, skim milk and 2 cups of freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Yum! I tossed the sauce with fettucine pasta and broccoli and topped it all off with grilled chicken seasoned with garlic and spicy chili blend. Served with a side salad and fresh Italian bread. I shared this scrumptious meal with my in-laws and everyone loved this tasty dish. Made for Best of 2010 Cookbooks Game.