The Munroe Melt (Sandwich)
photo by SweetsLady
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Open the sandwich roll onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the mustard-mayonnaise blend on one half of the roll. [NOTE: use 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise if you don't have a prepared dijon-mayo blend on hand]. Top with turkey, Swiss cheese, and ham (in that order) on top of the mustard-mayo mixture.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on the other half of the roll. Top with the roast beef, tomato slices, onion slices (if using), and Muenster cheese.
- Broil the sandwich open-faced until the cheese melts and begins to bubble and the ham begins to crisp around the edges.
- Remove the sandwich from the oven and put both sides together. Serve while sandwich is still warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This site used to be awesome. It was at the top of its game when it was called Recipezaar, but that was many years ago. The site was purchased by Scripps and belly-flopped into mediocrity. A few of the faithful members remained, hoping to wait out the storm of corporate nonsense. But alas, it never got better and just continued on its terminal path to nothingness. So most of the loyal members have vanished and made homes at better recipe sites.