The Best Cucumber Sandwiches
The best flavors always seem so simple! Give these a try (I won't eat cucumbers any other way). A nice southern treat! Since the recipe is so easy good ingredients are key. Real or homemade mayo and good salt, seedless cukes.
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf squishy white bread
- 1 English cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup very thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise or 1/4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- kosher salt (good quality salt is a MUST)
- Slice the cucumber as thin as you can (1/8" is good).
- Cut out nice circles from the white part of the bread using a 3in cookie cutter(toss the crusts).
- Spread a seriously THIN layer of mayo on each slice and artfully arrange 3-4 cucumber slices on each open faced sandwich.
- Top with 3 or 4 shavings of onion.
- Sprinkle each sandwich with some salt (do not leave this out!).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more