Thai Yum Takrai (Lemon Grass) With Dired Shirmp and Cashews
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 9 stalks lemongrass, lower 6 inches remove outer layer and cut diagonally fine (9 stalks should yield about 1.5 cups)
- 3 shallots, peeled, quartered adn sliced thinly
- 2 scallions, trimmed cut lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, raw
- 3 tablespoons dried shrimp
- 2 chilies, cut small (Thai)
- romaine lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup coconut, unsweetened shredded and toasted
- Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Let it stand while preparing the salad. Taste and add more sugar, if needed.
- Heat oil in small skillet over high heat. Fry the cashews 50 seconds until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- In a nonreactive bowl, combine cashews, shrimp, lemon grass, shallots and scallions.
- Just before serving add the Thai chile to the dressing and pour over the salad and toss well.
- Place on a large romaine leaf on a serving plate. Prepare a plate of tender romaine, center ribs removed.
- To eat, use your hands to shape a piece of lettuce into a cup and spoon sald into the lettuce. Wrap and eat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!