Thai Shrimp & Asparagus
- Ready In:
- 1 lb shelled and deveined shrimp
- 4 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in 2-in pieces
- 2 limes
- 1 (13 1/2-14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium fish sauce
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) packages precooked whole-grain brown rice
- In medium bowl, toss shrimp with curry paste to coat. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or just until pink, stirring. Transfer to large bowl.
- To same skillet, add asparagus and 3 tablespoons water; cook 4 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp and water evaporates, stirring often. From 1 lime, grate 1 teaspoon peel; cut remaining lime into 4 wedges.
- Add asparagus to shrimp in bowl. To skillet, add coconut milk and lime peel; heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Return shrimp mixture to skillet. Stir in fish sauce; heat through. Heat rice in microwave as label directs; serve with shrimp and lime wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!