Tex Mex Cheese Cake
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 -4 chipotle chiles in adobo, diced and seeds removed for less heat
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (homemade or prepared)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
- Butter spring form pan, coat with tortilla crumbs--set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, ricotta and jack cheese adding seasoning mix and adobo sauce beating in with electric mixer or in a food processor.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Separate batter in half--add salsa to one half and chipotles and scallions to the other half.
- Layer in spring pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.
- Spread sour cream sprinkle shredded cheese and bake 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cover and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Slide knife around edge of pan and remove to serve. Place on platter and garnish with toppings.
- Scoop with tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!