Terlingua Red Chili
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 4 tablespoons bacon fat
- 3 lbs ground beef, coarse grind
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 pints dried chili salsa
- 1⁄4 cup smoked paprika
- 5 tablespoons hot chili powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Dried Chili Salsa is Recipe #408273.
- In a dutch oven over medium high heat melt bacon fat.
- Brown beef with black pepper. We like to chop the beef so it is a fine mince, not chunky-that part is up to you.
- Drain off most of the fat, leaving about 1/4 cup.
- Add chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook until liquid has reduced to 1 inch.
- Add beef broth, salsa and remaining spices.
- Cook to desired thickness.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas and shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!