Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli
photo by charity collazo
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, cut in strips (against the grain, or use whatever is on sale)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and stir fry the beef together with the onions until beef is just barely pink, but browned on all sides. Do not cook all the way through.
- Now add broth, teriyaki sauce and ginger root.
- Bring the meat and sauce to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer until meat is done, about 10-15 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking time, add carrots and broccoli, cover skillet again and cook until veggies are done to your liking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hi I fixed this last night. I added green and red peppers to this. My family told me that it tasted more like plain roast beef instead of teriyaki beef. With that said everyone thought it was delicious I served it over plain white rice. The next day I buttered french bread in oven added heated beef on top with sauteed onions and melted cheese on top for sandwiches. It was to die for. Be sure to add some of the juice.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 30 years old and I love to cook for my family of four.... I am married with two wonderful children.... That is them in the picture above.... It's a little old though.... Wesley will be five in June and Katelyn will be eight in June.... I'm always looking for new things to cook and try out on all of my family.... I'm also a teacher to 17 wonderful 3 yr. olds.... I'm always looking for quick, easy, and wonderful tasting food to fix that my whole family will enjoy... My husband is a picky meat and potatoes man.... SO, any time I fix something new that he likes, is amazing.... Wesley is like his daddy and loves to eat meat and potatoes, but he's also real good about trying other foods.... Katelyn, will eat whatever she can get her hands on.... Katelyn has some special needs and we have to watch what she eats and how she eats.... You can check out her website by clicking our link.... http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/katelyn For fun, I enjoy sewing, scrap booking, reading, and spending time with my kids. I also like to just sit and explore recipezaar. <a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/gertc96/?action=view¤t=PRMRcopy.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/gertc96/PRMRcopy.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> My first ever swap. It was so much fun. <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/400035_d7f1b969-m3_1217872626.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> I participated in the biannual cookbook swap: <img src="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/lauralie41/cookbookswapspring08-2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> My first season to play PAC: <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">