Teochew Fried Chicken
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
30 pieces of chicken
- 15 chicken wings, cut halfway separating them into mini wings & drumettes
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 4 -5 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 stalk green onion, diced (optional)
- 1 dash of accent aka msg (optional)
- 1 dash sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1 -2 cup vegetable oil or 1 -2 cup olive oil
- If possible, marinate chicken in salt, sugar, green onion, pepper overnight.
- In a bowl mix tapioca starch, rice flour, water, green onion and sugar.
- Add chicken to the mix so that it coats the chicken.
- In a pan, add oil to deep fry the chicken over medium heat.
- Fry chicken until a light golden brown - flip over.
- Place finished chicken on plate with paper towel to soak the oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Director of a housing charity, www.ARoofAboveUs.org and real estate broker.