- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (10 ounce) package tempeh, broken into 4-5 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup tamari
- 1 inch gingerroot, sliced
- 1 black cardamom pod, crushed
- 3 smoked tea bags (either lapsang souchong or russian caravan)
- 1 -2 cup fresh water
- mixed spice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fennel
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, small diced
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a pot with the tempeh, using just enough water to cover.
- Bring this to a boil, lower to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes, removing the teabags after 4 minutes.
- In a dry pot toast the fennel and peppercorns, then grind them. In a medium sized bowl combine with the other herbs and garlic.
- Drain the tempeh, and when cool enough to handle crumble and mix gently with the spices.
- In a medium sized cast-iron skillet heat the olive oil and cook the onions until tender.
- Add the tempeh mixture and cook until browned and crispy at the edges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i live in New York although i am from North Carolina. i have a passion for vegan cooking, and am a graduate of the Natural Gourmet School of Cookery. i also am a vegan/vegetarian pricvate chef in the NYC area. if you are interester please email me firstname.lastname@example.org <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">