Tea Biscuits or Pot Pie Top Crust
Easy to make and delicious! My Mom used to make these biscuits for after school snacks with butter, cheese, jam . . . Also great with stews or gravies, and as a top crust for pot pies!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease baking sheet.
- Stir all dry ingredients together.
- Add the milk and margarine and stir until mixed - dough will be sticky!
- Turn onto well-floured counter and knead 7 times.
- Roll dough to desired thickness (1" for biscuits or 1/2" for pot pie tops).
- Cut biscuits and place on baking sheet.
- Whisk egg and brush it onto the tops and sides of biscuits. If desired - top with grated cheddar cheese (I prefer them plain - hubby likes cheese).
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION