Tasty Tuna Macaroni
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1 (5 ounce) can albacore tuna (in water)
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (diced)
- 1⁄4 onion (diced)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 dash paprika
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Boil water for macaroni and begin cooking as directed on package (usually approximately 8 minutes.).
- Heat butter in small sauce pan.
- Add mushrooms, onion, parsley, basil, paprika, and red pepper to pan. Let cook for about 3 minutes (until onions are transparent).
- Add a dash of the liquid from the tuna to the pan. Drain the rest and add tuna to pan.
- Stir in about 2/3 of the can of tomatoes, the rest can either be mixed in or served on top.
- Lower heat and let simmer for a couple minutes.
- When the noodles are cooked, drain and return to pan.
- Mix the milk, cheese powder, and tuna mixture to the noodles.
- Serve with a scoop of tomatoes on top. (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was cooking solo tonight & looked for something quick & easy with tuna & pasta. What I liked about this recipe is the addition of the mushrooms, onions & tomatoes. I was using Red pepper spicy canned tomatoes so I omitted the flakes. I though there was enough liquid so I omitted the milk this time. At the end I shredded some cheddar cheese & broiled for a couple minutes. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.
This is so yummy. Even my son of 4 years old liked it. But I omitted the red pepper flakes. I used skim milk. I used maybe 1 cup of sliced mushrooms. I used 1 small onion. I used the 14 1/2 on can of diced tomatoes in the recipe. I didn't keep it for the garnish. Thanks Mrs. Regan :) Made for PAC Spring 2010