Tarte Aux Mangues Et Poire (Mango and Pear Tart)
This recipe comes from the internet site cooking-french.com.
- Ready In:
FOR THE DOUGH
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water (more if needed)
FOR THE FRUIT
- 3 medium pears
- 1 large mango
FOR THE CREAM
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- FOR THE DOUGH: Put the flour in a large bowl, & with your fingers, mix in the butter, kneading until thoroughly mixed.
- Add 1 egg & 2 or 3 tablespoons of water, kneading the dough until it is smooth & homogeneous.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap & let it rest in a cool place.
- FOR THE FRUIT: Peel the pears, then remove seeds & slice them.
- Put pear slices in a sauce pan along with a cup of water & cook them on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Peel the mango, then remove the pit & discard it while slicing the mango thinly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- FOR THE CREAM: In a bowl, mix cream, yogurt, sugar & 3 eggs.
- Whisk together completely.
- FOR THE TART: Roll dough into a circle slightly larger than the pie plate, with enough dough to cover the edge, then lift it into the pie plate.
- Prick the bottom a number of times with a fork, then bake it for 10 minutes.
- Remove pie plate from the oven & smooth the sliced fruit into the hot crust.
- Pour the prepared cream over the fruit.
- Turn oven temperature up to 400 degrees F, & bake the tart for 20 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION