Tara's Shrimp and Grits
photo by tcct09
- Ready In:
- 2 bell peppers (orange, red or green)
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package Polish sausage
- 2 lbs shrimp (uncooked, tailless)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (8 ounce) cans beer
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Slice all pieces above, but julianne the peppers. Place in pan with olive oil and beer. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper and Old Bay seasoning. Sauté until eldente. Set aside.
- In a small pot, SOAK about a 1/2 pound to pound of shrimp in 1 can of beer with some Old Bay added. Set aside.
- In large pot, cook 4 cups of grits to feed 8 people. . When grits are almost done, add some Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, garlic salt, 1 small container of sour cream and la stick of butter.
- Add shrimp to pan and ½ stick of butter and a small amount of the beer. Sauté shrimp until pink. Then add 1 tablespoon of flour to the pan. Mix for a few seconds (in order to make a roux). Then add the beer to the consistency you want the roux. Add this to the veggie mixture. Needs to be a gravy consistency.
- You can spoon the shrimp mixture over the grits or add directly to the pot. Enjoy with buttermilk biscuits with butter or jelly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!