Tangerine Breakfast Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons honey or 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- 1⁄2 cup crushed raw walnuts
- 6 ounces semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Squeeze the juice out of your fruit. I used two tangerines to get the 1/3 cup needed. Had a little left over to sip myself!
- Whisk together the tangerine juice, applesauce, and honey. Then pour into your dry ingredients, mix with spatula until well combined.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop huge, heaping tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet prepared with parchment. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for another 10 minutes. Until golden brown. Let cool.
- Enjoy for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!