Taco Macaroni Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef and chopped onion over medium heat until brown. Mix in tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning mix. Stir in pasta.
- Spoon beef mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle crumbled taco chips and grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve with chopped green onions and sour cream, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook!! LOL, I guess most of the people here on Zaar do, too! My husband is a wonderful guy, he tries everything new I make. I can always tell if a recipe is a "keeper" because he will eat seconds!!