- Ready In:
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- coarse salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces tender green beans (1 cup)
- 4 red new potatoes
- 1 diced red bell pepper (1 inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, slivered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon drained tiny capers
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed slivered fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 swordfish steaks
- 1 hard-boiled egg, coarsely chopped (10mins)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a large bowl sprinkle the garlic with a generous pinch of salt and add the vinegar slowly drizzle in 1/3 cup of the olive oil whisking constantly to make a vinaigrette season with pepper to tasted and reserve.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salt water until tender but not mushy about 20 minutes drain slice the potatoes and place in another large bowl layer the green beans atop the potatoes followed by the pepper red onion capers and bail do not toss until serving time.
- Bring a pot of salt water to a boil place green beans in the pot 5 minutes remove beans.
- Preheat grill.
- Meanwhile combine the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl add the swordfish and coat well let marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season fish with salt and pepper to taste place the fish in a lightly oiled grill grill fish 4 minutes on each side or 125°F thermometer remove to the center of large decorative platter.
- Gently toss the reserved vegetables with the vinaigrette and arrange surrounding the swordfish sprinkle the chopped egg on top some black pepper over and garnish with chopped parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!