Swiss Chard/Yellow Squash Raw Green Soup (Vitamix)
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked in water, 4 hours to release enzymes)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 swiss chard leaves (cut up coarsely, to fit in the blending container)
- 1 yellow squash (8 inch, straight neck, cut up into cubes)
- 1 carrot (8 inch, sliced into 1 inch rounds)
- 1 red bell pepper (small pepper or 1/4 large)
- 1⁄4 onion (medium)
- 3⁄4 yam (medium, cooked, until soft)
- 12 -15 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon bottled garlic (or 2 large cloves, minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- Place ingredients in the Vitamix container, in the order listed, and secure lid.
- Set to "1" on the variable dial, and turn the machine on.
- Increase the speed to “10” and set to High.
- Blend for 4 minutes, until the jar feels hot, to the touch.
- Serve with a sprig of fresh Basil.
- NOTE: This could also be prepared in a food processor, but would probably not get as hot, as it does in the Vitamix. Although, I have had foods turn warm, when processed for more than a few minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> I love to cook, but don't do it as often as I would like. Many times, I don't know what I am going to make, when I go to the kitchen, to make dinner. I look at the ingredients I have on hand, and start putting them together, to make a meal. I must admit, that my husband and I have shared some yummy last minute creations. The meals I love the most, are the ones my husband and I create together! Most of the time, I forget to write down the recipe, so it never turns out the same twice ;-D Occasionally I do write it down, and will try to remember to post it as a public recipe, from now on. Besides cooking, I love to make jewelry, and have finally started selling it on Etsy.com. My web site is below, if you want to take a look at my creations.